Friday, June 25, 2010

Bring It On South Heats 2010

Last week on Saturday, I went with family to watch my cousin perform. He goes to Papatoetoe High School and they took part in a Hip Hop Dance Competition called Bring It On. It was held at the Waitakere Trust Stadium in West Auckland and only the high schools from South Auckland were competing.

When we got there, it was packed with lots of people. The stage was big and right in the centre of the stadium, so there was a 360 view. That means that seats are around the stage and people can see every angle.

My favourite part was watching my cousin Iva perform. They had some significant dance moves and routines but their costumes weren’t all that, so I thought. It was really hard to spot my cousin because their eyes were painted blue. I only spotted him when my other cousin Veeshayne pointed him out.

The worse part was watching a group that was a boys school but some boys looked like girls.

It was really loud and my ears were hurting so we had to leave early and my baby cousin was crying too. He cried all the way home. When I got home I was really bushed (tired).

The schools that made it into the top four were Mangere, De La Salle, Aorere, Manurewa and another school. It’s very sad that my cousin dance group didn’t make it into the top four. But there’s always next year. I wonder who’s going to win ??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darius

    Great movie. It must have been amazing to watch all the teams dancing and showing off their hip hop moves. You can tell from your movie that there was a very big audience there. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete