Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sixty Minutes In A Leaky Boat

Have you ever sailed before ? Well we were going to aim at one of the boats a cross the harbour to the yacht called Typhoon. Kingston and I were sailing buddies. You could go with a Buddie or, go solo. We had to line the boat up with Typhoon and then sail back to the red play ground.






The winds were blowing wildly which nearly caused Kingston and I to capsize. Most of the time Kingston had actually tried to capsize us so that we could have a swim. I kept saying “let go of the rope” he didn’t listen.





When we were sailing I was steering like rubbish. I sort of made us go in circles like we were doing laps or something. Mrs Sommervile had actually tried to instruct us to go further out to Typhoon, but Kingston kept saying “Turn the boat around were going to die”.


1 comment:

  1. HI Darius!

    By reading your story it sounds like you had a really great time! You know when I went to Kawau Island, I chose solo because I wanted to experience how to sail a boat by my self. Keep up the good work.

    God Bless.

    By Joshua Rm20

    ReplyDelete