Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Picnic


“Man I can’t wait to have the picnic at the Pt England reserve there’s going to be lots of activities to do but swimming is  the activity that I do not want to do”. At first the day was dull and cloudy as if it were going to rain but then it changed and the sun started to shine.

We got there and all I really wanted to do is play a good game of softball. So it started out as mixed teams but all of my friends wanted to stay together as one team some girls went into our team and some went into theirs. I did this really cool catch when I was on base two I bent down turned my glove and caught the ball or so I thought then as I started to lift it and then I lost control of the ball and then the ball fell out I was so disappointed at myself. The score was 10-0 and I was on the losing side only because I kept switching teams the reason was is that I really liked to field I feel that fielding is one of my acknowledgements about softball. As the game progressed my team had a very low score 30-4 man were we getting dominated.

As the game played lots of different people started to join in the year 8’s and the year 6’s all started to play but then I felt that there were to many people in the softball game. So I left and I suddenly thought to myself that I was really hungry and thirsty after playing 3 hours of softball I didn’t even realise but my feet were sore too. So I headed over to the my bag and started to scoff down my lunch.

After my lunch I went with Waata and Kingston P to collect some clay we saw lots of people and they had humongous amounts of clay. So we decided to try and make some clay but  ended up in a big humongous “nek minit it turned out wrong” I thought and then we started to tear it to pieces and threw it at the rock barrier. I said to Waata and Kingston that “we really stink at making clay don’t we” and we all just started to laugh.

This year the picnic was really fun I enjoyed the games and activites we had it I hope everybody else did anyway I can’t wait for next years one.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to read you had a great time at the picnic! I'm so proud of you Son. Keep up the wonderful writing.

    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete