Thursday, December 12, 2013

Year 8 Highlights From Camp!

The sun glistened through the glass windows as we headed down to Rotorua. It was finally time for our Year 8 camp, we were heading to Camp Keswick down in Rotorua. The bus started up and we started our journey. It felt so long on the way down, two hours had passed and my body ached. We had a short stop for lunch, I got up and went outside for fresh air. Another hour passed and then the smell kicked in the smell of Rotorua was egg. I looked around and I saw a sign that said Camp Keswick, we had finally arrived.

“Okay now get into your cabin and set up where your each going to sleep” Mrs Nua said. I was just about to race into our cabin when I just remembered about grabbing my bags. I did a quick turn and went back to the bus to get my bags. I was the first in my room all my other roommates Waata, Crusader, Kington L, James and Raenan were just arriving.  



The first day we got there  The hike was an hour and a half and it was so hot, my skin was burning from the heat. Sweat covered my face as I ran down the hill, the wind blew into my face. My feet felt numb, but the momentum of going down hill kept me going. I could hear a big group of people below then I knew I had nearly finished. As I got closer I could see that there was a big line just waiting for everyone else to arrive.

My favourite part about the whole trip was going down the Luge. We arrived to see the bottom of the hill it seemed like it was going to take forever just to get to the top. The gondola arrived and we hopped in quickly it shook a little bit and then after a while it balanced out. Going up I looked around and I could tell that some people were scared. After 15 minutes had past we were at the top where we jumped off at the top.

We only had one free ride and when I was going down I was really nervous because I didn’t want to crash. I was going down the track as fast as I could without crashing, we finally reached the end after a long drive.














No comments:

Post a Comment